Study Visa

Study Visa And What You Need To Know

Our experienced solicitors will help you with your study visa applications. Going abroad to study can be a very exciting opportunity to learn about new cultures and people, it is also a great opportunity to use the advantages of schools and universities abroad and their facilities and courses. However, if you would like to come to the UK to study, you must apply for a Student Visa. There is a range of criteria that you must meet to be able to apply for a Student Visa. Contact one of our solicitors at Solicitors on Your Side now, to help you with your Study Visa, and reduce the chances of your Visa getting delayed or rejected.

To apply for a Student Visa, you must be over the age of 16 and you must have consent from your parents or guardians, if you are under the age of 16 you may be eligible to sign up for a Child Student Visa.

Other criteria you must meet to apply for a Student Visa include:

  • You must be able to speak and understand the English Language.
  • You must prove that you have enough money to support yourself and pay for your course without working (as you cannot work under a Student Visa).
  • You must have been offered a course by a licenced student sponsor.

How to apply for a child study visa

If you would like to come to the UK to study and you are aged between 4 and 16, you are eligible to apply for a Child Student Visa, there’s a range of criteria you must meet before applying for a Child Student Visa, these include:

  • You must have consent from your parents or guardians, and you must be able to prove it.
  • You must have an unconditional offer at your place of study.
  • You must be able to prove that you will be able to financially support yourself whilst living under a child study visa in the UK.

When to apply for a study visa

If you are abroad you must apply for your Student Visa or your Child Student Visa 6 months before the start of your course date, in that time you will be informed if you need to provide more evidence to support your application, the Government Website informs that individuals can expect a decision on their Visa within 3 weeks.

If you are living in the UK you must apply for your Student or Child Student Visa 3 months before the start of your course date, and you must apply before your current visa expires.

How long can I stay?

If you are over the age of 18 and your course is at a degree level (university) then you can usually stay in the UK for 5 years. If your course is below degree level (college, school) then you can stay for 2 years.

Get in touch with us!

Get in touch with us now if you need help with your immigration applications or your process, our solicitors have the experience to give you the best possible advice for your particular case, making sure you come out with the best possible outcome!

You can follow the link to get in touch with us by an Online Form.

Contact us today on 0330 912 2124 or email [email protected].

We are on your side.

Want to know more?

If you would like to know about the latest immigration laws rules or any updates, or you are interested and would like to know more, we highly recommend that you have a look at our Latest Articles, where we update the latest news on any topics you may be interested in.

If you would like to know when our latest articles are released, make sure to follow us on social media on Instagram and Facebook on @wearesolicitorsonyourside.

Latest Articles

Our 4 steps to success


Make an initial enquiry

Give us a call or request a call back. We'll listen to your case and provide no-obligation advice.


Your case is accepted

Should we advise your case is worth pursuing, and you choose our services, we will begin case preparation.


We'll work on your case

With your co-operation, we'll work on your case through to completion. You may be required to provide extra evidence.


Successful Outcome

As your Solicitors, we can ensure that your case has the best possible outcome given the circumstances around it.